Cheers to all of you for another wonderful week of learning at HISNiseko.
I hope all had a restful and relaxing Spring Break.
Recruitment of Prospective Families at HISNiseko
Thank you all that were able to participate in our discussion on student enrollment. I am encouraged with the team spirit that our teachers and parents share. I remain convinced that the first visit is the single most influential factor affecting enrollment.
I am proud of our work together.
Below are some notes of steps that we will take in the coming months to ensure our school’s growth:
- Look into getting our teaching team to interview with Powderlife magazine/ Radio Niseko etc.
- Spread the word regarding the free publicity via #hashtags that Facebook, Instagram and Twitter offer.
- Stay on point when discussing our school’s unique characteristics. (Safe,comfortable, inclusive, highly-professional staff, rural school yet highly multicultural, access to “Global Education”, curriculum that respects the individual, friendly, multi-age learning, welcoming, accepting of transient clients, special learners who help each other immensely. )
- Look our best at all times to “separate ourselves” from competition.
- Strengthen our relationship with Hokkaido Core.
- Strengthen our relationship with Niseko Town Council.
As of this writing, the MP3 students are taking their Measure of Academic Progress standardized tests. It is a joy to see them so engaged in their assessments of learning. As Neil Cooke, Principal of HIS Sapporo noted; this June, each MP3 student will receive a report detailing specific areas of academic growth and areas of need. I look forward to using each report as a guide for further instruction. Please send any questions or comments my way. You may read more about MAP Testing here
Dates of Note for Next Week
April 4th MAP testing MP3-Math
April 6th Mummy and Me
April 7th EY Ski morning
April 8th MP1/3 Ski/Snowboard afternoon
Mistakes Were Made but Not by Me by Carol Tavris and Elliot Aronson is an excellent look into the concept of self deception, what it is, and how it affects us all. I have my copy in the classroom if anyone would like to borrow it.
This is Why Finland has Great Schools Have a wonderful weekend. Hope you have a terrific April Fool’s Day. Sincerely, Barry Mernin