I had the pleasure of being able to read Living Buddha, Living Christ.
Below are 12 quotes that I found worthy to share. I highly recommend this book for all teachers, regardless of where you fall on the spiritual spectrum.
- “Breathe in, I calm my body. Breathe out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment, I know this is a wonderful moment.”
- “Breathing in, I am aware of my heart. Breathing out, I smile to my heart. I vow to eat, drink, and work in ways that preserve my health and well-being.
- The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence.
- Contemplating our food before eating in mindfulness can be a real source of happiness.
- If the Buddha was born into the society in which Jesus was born, I think he too would have been crucified.
- Please continue to make an effort to do better.
- With utmost courage, Jesus taught a gospel of nonviolence. Is the church today practicing the same by its presence and behavior?
- Trying to overcome evil with evil is not the way to make peace.
- The death penalty is a sign of weakness, as expression of our fear and inability to know what to do to help the situation.
10. When you look deeply at your anger, you will see that the person you call your enemy is also suffering.
11. Nonviolence does not mean non-action. Nonviolence means we act with love and compassion.
12. You do not have to go to heaven or wait for the future to have refuge. You can take refuge here and now. You only need to dwell in the present moment.